Although it all started in America, Black Friday discounts can now be found in Canada and even in some European stores. Each year, the day after Thanksgiving, sales hunters hit the stores in hopes of saving big. However, it is not always obvious as to what kind of items to opt for to make the most of this special shopping day. In order to make your experience an enjoyable one, here is everything you need to know about Black Friday, which will take place this year on November 23rd.
1. Replace Your Electronics
Black Friday is known to be the ultimate time to upgrade your electronics. Make sure to get there early, as quantities of high-tech merchandise are often limited.
- Apple products: Although Apple didn’t participate in the Balck Friday event in 2014 and 2015, the popular brand will most likely put some items on sale and offer some gift cards as they did in 2016 and 2017.
- Televisions, tablets and cellphones: Most stores lower prices of these electronics or offer giftcards promotions on Black Friday. If you want to change your old television, you better do it on November 23rd.
2. Buy Video Games
Black Friday is also the perfect day to upgrade your video games collection.
- PlayStation PS4: The popular console will be available at reduced price for the occasion.
- Nintendo Switch: If you have been thinking about purchasing Nintendo’s latest, know that you’ll be able to find it at a discount in stores, but also on websites such as Amazon.
Appliances are part of the items to look for on Black Friday. Therefore, it would be smart to wait until November 23rd to change your microwave, dishwasher or washing machine to save big on these big and necessary items.
4. Visit Groupon
Ever heard of Groupon? It is website that offers users group discount coupons. You can therefore benefit from advantageous offers at all time, and even more on Black Friday. Last year, Groupon let its customers enjoy post-Thanksgiving sales before the event actually took place. It would consequently be smart to keep an eye on it.
5. Purchase Your Christmas Gifts
Black Friday is the perfect occasion to purchase your Christmas gifts. You’ll be able to treat the people you love as much as you want without ruining yourself. This is especially true if you are the kind of person to run into the stores on December 23rd.
6. A Few Tips And Tricks
To save as much as possible on Black Friday, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Offers and promotions will be online as early as midnight. However, most of the sales will be available around 7 am;
- Take notes of the items you want before hitting the stores. This way, you will save time and avoid impuslive purchases;
- Although Black friday only lasts one day in most stores, a few of them extends the event throughout the whole Thanksgiving weekend. You can also find discounts on Amazon form Novembre 19 to 26;
- Subscribe to Facebook Twitter accounts of your favorite stores; you’ll keep in the know and will have acces to their promotions before others;
- Compare prices of items you want to buy online.
- Journal Du Net
- Coup de Pouce
- Nerd Wallet