You are probably used to cleaning inside your house in order to avoid a dust and dirt build-up. It is also very important to clean your automobile. In fact, you need to take the time to wash the outside of your vehicle but you also need to clean the inside. It is quite easy to accumulate dirt and grime like food, debris and dust on the car seats. Are you wondering how to clean your vehicle’s seats? Here are some helpful tips to help you with a thorough cleaning.
1. Clean the seats with steam
If your vehicle’s seats are made with fabric and you wish to thoroughly clean them, you can always use steam. All you need to do is to buy a steam cleaner and use it on your fabric seats. This technique will help you remove all dirt and stains from your car seats.
2. Opt for white vinegar
You can also clean them with some white vinegar. Here is how to do it:
- Mix one part hot water with one part white vinegar;
- Pour a little bit of liquid dish soap to the mix;
- Dip a sponge in the mix and rub the stains on the seats;
- Rinse them with a humid cloth.
3. Use some ammonia
Ammonia is very practical to remove these kinds of stains on fabric. Here is what to do to benefit from this product:
- Mix the ammonia with a little bit of cold water;
- Pour the mixture on the stains;
- Rub the stains with a brush or a cloth;
- Rinse the seats (make sure to do this quickly);
- Dry your seats with a dry cloth.
Make sure that you don’t let the mixture sit for too long on the seats. Also, you should test this tip on a hidden part of your seat before to make sure it does not stain your seats.
4. Try the baking soda trick
You probably already know that baking soda helps to eliminate stains as well as bad odours. It is also a good product to use to clean car seats. To do this, you will need to:
- Mix baking soda with white vinegar;
- Mix them until you get a paste;
- Put this paste on the seats and scrub the fabric.
5. Say goodbye to bad smells in your vehicle
If you wish to eliminate bad odours in your vehicle, all you need to do is sprinkle some baking soda on the seats and carpets, to let the product work its magic all night and then vacuum the next morning.
6. Remove a vomit stain
If someone was sick in your car, don’t panic. You can remove vomit stains with the help of Perrier water. Yes, all you need to do is pour this sparkling water on the stain so it rapidly unsticks. Make sure to dry the seat properly so you don’t create a permanent stain.
7. Wash the seats with washing soda
Washing soda is very practical to clean seats. Here is how to use it:
- Add a cup of washing soda in a container;
- Add two cups of lukewarm water to the container;
- Mix these ingredients together;
- Scrub the stains with a cloth or a sponge;
- Rinse your seats with a humid cloth when you’ve finished scrubbing;
- Don’t forget to dry the seats to avoid a water stain.
8. Opt for a protective cover
Installing a protective cover can help you protect your seats and avoid dirtying them or damaging them. This will also avoid you having to clean them often especially if you have young kids.
9. Buy a compact vacuum
Why not buy a compact vacuum and quickly clean the inside of your car every week? This way, you know your car will stay nice and clean every week.
10. Buy a textile care cleaning product
A good way to clean your car seats is to use a textile care cleaning product. This product is made for fabric car seats but can also help you clean your carpet as well as the seat. This is a very practical product to have close at hand.